Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Day One

My friend Matthew presented me with a challenge in such a way that I knew I couldn't turn it down and still hold my head up in church. He thinks that my affection for coffee is an addiction and as all of us who were at church for that sermon know, addictions were made to be broken. He was honest enough to admit that he himself is addicted to coke (the soda, not the illegal drug). He threw down an "I'll quit for a week if you will" challenge to me and Amy, which started yesterday.

I have to admit, I felt lousy yesterday. I was lightheaded and sluggish all day long and boy did I need a nap! However, I didn't get much sleep on Sunday night and my allergies are raging right now so it could be a combination of things. I ended up going to bed at 8:30 last night and sleeping all night long, for a total of 10 hours. That's unheard-of for me!

I feel a little better today but still a little woozy headed. I just hate to think that something had that much of a hold on me! I think when our week is up, I'll drink coffee again but maybe not as routinely. More of a special treat.

No comments: