Thursday, April 17, 2008

I got my hair cut (well, actually I got ALL of them cut) again

I have long since given up pleasing my husband or children with my choice of hair style. My husband would prefer me to grow it out because he likes it long, the same as most men do. I find that funny, considering that he's never seen me with hair longer than my shoulders, but oh well. I just like it short. I like to look pretty, for sure, but I just don't like to spend more than a few minutes on my hair. If it was long I would just keep it up in a ponytail anyway, so why bother? And why is hair length such a big deal for many men? Is it because they consider it a sign of femininity? I can see why that might be so, but still. There are entire religions where the women do not cut their hair (and most do not wear makeup either but that's a subject for another post). I'm not sure why it matters so much and in a way it bothers me that my devotion to my husband does not extend (pun intended) to my hair length. That might be my way of asserting my (still active) sense of independence and whether that's a good thing or not, it is what it is. Dana doesn't like my haircut either and I don't know what her idea of a good hairstyle is for me. You'd think by now they would have progressed to the point of at least pretending to like it, but no. They will both ignore it, I guess in the interest of "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" and that's OK with me. I told Jon long ago that when he is the one who washes, dries and takes care of my hair, then he can decide how to cut it.

No comments: