Thursday, June 26, 2008

Miss You!

When we lived in Knoxville, Jon and I were blessed to become close to the Blair family. Their daughter Harper was the same age as our daughter Karis, and the two girls were tight from the age of 2 until, well, I guess they are still close at heart. We saw each other through job changes, moving, adoption, births and deaths, and finally a life change for the Blairs. I miss our friends, especially my sister in Christ Tracy, who moved to Las Vegas last November. I miss that Harper and Karis won't get to grow up together, although as Tracy likes to remind me, we moved away first when we moved to South Carolina. The Blairs became the kind of "couple friends" that fit into our lives so easily they felt like family. We ate with each other, vacationed with each other, stayed in each other's homes, cared for each other's children and so much more. Although I'm so sad at the way things ended for them, I will always cherish the time we had to be part of each other's lives. We haven't yet found a good set of "couple friends" here in Duncan but we're working on it. Meanwhile, I put together a video of the Blair children and our children and set it to Miley Cyrus singing "Miss You." Karis actually chose the song and I think it's very appropriate. We miss our friends and it makes me sad that they are all the way on the other side of the country but at the same time I understand Tracy wanting to be where she feels God is calling her to be. I just wish God was calling her to South Carolina. Here's the video:

No comments: